Health Benefits of Blumea Balsamifera (Sambong)
Cranberries are a group of evergreen dwarf shrubs which belongs to a family of Ericaceae – a flowering plant commonly known as heath. They usually grow in acidic bogs of cooler regions.
Cranberries are low creeping shrubs or vines which grows a length of up to 2 meters and a height of up to 20 centimeters. They have slender and wiry stems with small evergreen leaves.
Cranberries have dark pink flowers with distinct reflex petals. Berries (the fruit) are initially light green in color which then turns red when ripe. It has acidic taste that usually overwhelms its sweetness.
Due to its known health benefits and high demand, most cranberries are usually processed into juice, jam, sauce, and sweetened dried cranberries.
Health Benefits of Cranberries
- Help prevent urinary tract infection
- Improves digestion
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Help prevent gum issues
- Boost immune system
- Slows down cancer cells progression
- A good source of vitamin C, E, and fiber
- Also contains vitamin B, and B6
How to cure Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) with Cranberries
- A regular consumption of cranberry fruit or natural cranberry juice can help cure urinary tract infection.
Health Benefits of Young Coconut Juice (Buko Juice)